Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life Goes On

This is a picture of Ruth Salway, Jessica Poe (New YW President), Michele Schiedler (YW Secretary), Ron Guerra, Jeene Guerra (New YW 2nd Counselor), me and Marlin Harker. The two men were our maitre' de's, as you can tell by their fancy outfits.

Despite changes in one's life, it goes on. I still feel in limbo. I'm no longer able to be in RS. Yikes!! It is hitting more each day. I asked someone to give the prayer for RS (all of the sisters met together today since we had our VT Seminar). Luckily I asked the same person that had already been asked or there would have been a bit of confusion and possible embarrassment when it came time for the prayer.

Yesterday was probably my last opportunity to attend the Missionary Correlation Meeting. I shall miss that, too. At least I can still go out with the Sister Missionaries AND I could become a better missionary myself.

Wednesday night the YMYW had their annual Formal Dinner. It was so beautifully done. A lot of the ward members got together and made it so special. They had been taught about etiquette a few weeks before so they felt comfortable. Great time to come into a calling, huh?

Every day I see the wonderfulness of GG. It shows that, though it may take some time, hearts (mine) can be touched by the Spirit and softened.

GG is almost finished reading "Wednesday's Letters" and will soon begin reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I loved that book. It was hard to have it end. I felt the characters were a part of my life and they still walk around in me.

Miguel randomly sent us the DVD "Ghandi". Neither GG nor I had ever seen it. Ghandi's ways have touched my life, too. Left an imprint.

Our lives are so blessed here in our home. I've realized that I haven't been a team player and was not letting us be unified. Talk about a lesson from Heavenly Father. I'd never thought about it that way before. Feeling independent and my own self seemed more important.

2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm excited to hear about all the fun things you will do with your new calling. As for missing RS, since Mark and I have been married, I have only had 1 year that I was able to attend RS. I feel your pain...:)
I may have more books, we'll see what I think of the next book club book.

Russ and Em said...

Leaving RS for a short time can be an adjustment, but remember that RS isn't a class you attend it is an organization that you will always be a part of, wherever you are on Sunday. I think that you will be a great blessing to the YW of your ward.

I loved the Potato Peel Society. I can't wait for it to come out in paperback so I can buy it.

Oh, while the movie Ghandi is amazing his autobiography is rather dull. Just when you think it will get interesting he says (and I'm not joking) "This event has been covered adiquately by history so I shall not review it here." Really.
Also I've been reading books by Sandra Dallas. She isn't great but good. I would give her about a "B". That said I've read three of her books in the last few weeks.