Sunday, May 17, 2009
Spring Is Here?
In a nutshell:
Received a birthday gift from Lisa. You guessed it. Another book. A Book Lover's Diary. She didn't even know that I was just trying to figure where I could keep track of the books I'd read. Had a wonderful lunch with a dear friend on Monday. She took me to a little Italian Restaurant in Wilsonville. The food was delicious. Had a scoop of Italian ice cream & have never tasted anything like it before. Mmmmmmm! GG put her Christmas and Thanksgiving cactus plants outside which means the weather is finally getting warmer. Had FHE using one of the YouTube videos from the church. Russ sent a link. Lesson topic - Kindness.
Tuesday: "Worked". Went to the library. I got the book "Goodnight, Mr. Tom". It was recommended by Paula Perkins. It takes place in London during WWII like "The Guernsey......." It was a sweet story - told from the point of the children that were the evacuees. It's considered a juvenile book. Stake Auxiliary Training meeting.
Wednesday: Walked with GG to Freddies. Got exciting things like toothpaste, etc., and 4 vegetable plants - red pepper, purple pepper (never heard of them before), tomato, winter squash and some chive seeds. (found out in RS will be having a herb garden class and will be painting a terracotta pot for our herbs. I've always wanted an herb garden but just never got around to it. I think I'll plant cilantro, too.) Another gift from Lisa. A bag to carry my YW stuff in. "Worked". The YW were to help at the local Food Bank at 6 PM. They didn't need us, it turned out so we had a lot of time to fill until 8:30PM. Our Pres had a lesson prepared and 3 albums for the girls to write in for the outgoing YW Presidency. Needless to say, that didn't take all of the time.
Thursday: Grocery Day. Also, a trip to Target to get a baby gift. Looked in the $1 bins. This particular store doesn't have much of anything anywhere. Tried to talk myself into planting some vegetables in our ward community garden. This primary song began to travel around in my mind, "The prophet said to plant a garden and that's just what I'll do."
GG had her Bible Study Class. They have been studying "Revelation" this term. This is her favorite book of the Bible.
Friday: Oh, yes, GG gave me money to buy a webcam so I went to Fry's, too, since they are near each other. Planted my little garden. Since the garden is a couple of miles away, I'm a little worried that I might forget to nourish it. GG & I went with our HT's to visit a family they teach since I visit the wife even though she isn't a member. Though it may not sound kosher, it worked well for everyone. The HT were able to visit two of their families and I was able to visit one of "my" sisters. Another gift from Lisa. A lap desk for GG and I. Went out with the Sister Missionaries in the evening. I love meeting the people they teach.
Saturday: Visited a couple of sisters at Hope Village - living & rehab center. They are both 80 and have need of walkers so don't get out much and love visits. Then went to a shower. I've never seen so many people in a small space. We literally sounded like a group of hens.
Sunday: Church. New secretary called for RS. Aside from handing over the paraphernalia to her, I will no longer be responsible for the bulletin and attendance, etc. It's with mixed feelings that I bid it farewell. Stake Youth Fireside tonight. The stake will be talking to each age group separately about age-related issues that they are or will be facing in life. What goals they should be thinking about making. This is my understanding of it, anyway.
In a nutshell???? Must be a large nut, huh? The blog really works well in recapping events and blessings. Makes me a little more aware of what I do with my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I liked your "in a nutshell." It's fun to hear what you guys are up to. Also, I need to clarify that I wasn't trying to overcompensate for anything with the multiple days of gifts--the place I ordered from sent them separately. It was just supposed to be a one-time thing. But I'm glad you and GG are enjoying them. It's nice to give a gift that can actually be used. Love you both!
You have been busy. I'm glad you had such a nice week. I'm guessing that when the time comes that they release you from this calling, you will leave with mixed feelings also. That seems to be how it goes.
Post a Comment