... When We No Longer Live in Cottonwood? or "Welcome to Babble On". Yesterday it looked like a snow storm had hit - all of a sudden. It's better today, but it's one of those things that "come what may, [I'll like] it."

This has been a fun week. I worked 3 days, which was nice. On Wednesday evening, the youth had their temple trip. Our presidency was called at a good time. Lots of great things were already planned. My work at the temple was to sit with the girls and then show them where to wait for their turn. There was such a close feeling to be able to be right there with them. We had two that were there for the 1st time. Everyone one (temple workers, the older girls and the Bishop, in particular) made a special effort to make it a special time for them. We had 10 young women and 9 young men attend. A brother and sister were able to do some family names which made it a memorable experience for them.
Thursday morning I was able to take my home teachers to the airport, visit teach and still get to Ella's on time. Her mom was out of town so it was necessary to arrive before the bus. I usually do, but it still makes me nervous, so I try to head there a little earlier than normal. I think they take kindergartners back to the school if no one comes to the door.
The Stake RS presented an Enrichment night for 1st & 2nd wards that same night. The theme was to enjoy life. Because women tend to go on guilt trips and feel like they're not doing anything very well, they felt it important to encourage, etc. This may sound crazy, but all the info they gave us, though very good and well presented, actually was more stressful to me than had I not attended. The Lord has really blessed me with a much better attitude lately.
Friday, GG, my cousins Diane and Karyn and Karyn's friend Susan went over to the area where Ralph and Diana live. They are staying a resort or something. GG's description made it sound like a lodge. Sounds pretty fancy. She'll be there for a few days. She was excited to go and looks forward to visiting with R&D.
Yesterday I was able to visit the ladies over at Hope Village with my friend Suzanne. We both love these ladies and enjoy each other's company, too. All four of us meet together and started last week to study the manual "Gospel Priniciples". One of the sisters hasn't been active for probably over 50 years though born and raised in the church. We had a great discussion.
In the afternoon Miguel and I talked for maybe 1-2 hours. Mind you, we neither one had much to say so it was a pretty pathetic conversation. For a period of time he was talking through how to attach some pictures to his email so he could send them. His email carrier just updated their site so everything was different. Anyway, he got them sent and then we discussed them.
After that I went to the Walkers to see if I could be of any help. On Saturdays Lynett waters trees by hand for 9 hours. Most of the trees are on a drip system but obviously not all. Every other day she waters for 3-4 hours. It was a great feeling to be able to help since Lynett will not usually let me help. Ben was driving the tractor, doing what he can still do, but he will not have use of his left arm for maybe a year; maybe he will never have full use of it.
Today YW was on Covenants and Ordinances. It came to me during the Sacrament that I should approach the lesson pretending I was an investigator and just ask questions as if the only thing I knew was from others. It's amazing the testimony and strength and understanding of the gospel these girls have. They convinced me. We even had a 3 year old in class who was answering questions.




Just wanted you to see that many many months back work was begun on updating the church album. I hadn't thought through the fact that it's going to take a little extra thought to make 4x6 pictures since it's done in Print Shop and, as you can see, they are 8x10 size. Sort of got discouraged at the point I realized this - but - Where there's a will there's a way. Seemed to have misplaced the "will".
PS. Just got new neighbors above us. 2 brothers in there 30's I would guess. Have some 8-10 year old kids with them. 4 maybe? Don't know if they are just visiting for the weekend or what. Could prove interesting for we old ladies. :>)

2 comments:
The cotton looks pretty cool. I'm glad you are enjoying your new calling, it will be fun. It is always great to work with the youth.
Good luck with the new neighbors, hopefully they are quiet.
Can't wait to see you!
I hope you are enjoying the cotton, it is making my life perfectly miserable as I am highly allergic, but thank heavens for allergy medicine. I love hearing all the details of your life. I think this is a wonderful keep sake for the grand kids.
Post a Comment