It's been kind of a different week. It ended wonderfully with it being Easter AND General Conference. Wasn't it great?
Where do we start? Tuesday I was supposed to tend 2 little girls all day. The 3 year got sick the night before so just watched them for a couple of hours while their mom ran an errand for work. Had a meeting on Wednesday afternoon. Didn't get info for an agenda so thought I had the wrong day. Didn't. Missed the meeting. Guilt.
Thursday night was Maundy Thursday at GG's church. Went with her. A lady that was inebriated came to the service. Very noisy and got out of control when the Woodburn minister said that Christ didn't know something about Peter. She kept yelling, "Jesus is the Son of God, not of man and He knew, He knew."
If the Lord had been there, he would have been pleased how everyone responded.
Friday, GG passed out. Maybe she had her knees locked. We were standing, talking to a lady and GG said the world was getting black. I grabbed her, told her to put her head down and she melted to the ground. After a few seconds she came to and I helped her up. She said she was fine and then repeated the melt down.
Went to the ER per doctor's orders. They performed every test possible. The ultrasound was fascinating. I got to watch the valves, etc. Anyway, she's healthy in all respects so it was just a fluky thing. A little nerve wracking at the time. I was feeling worried about leaving her alone at home. After the tests, the doctor said she was fine to go on walks, etc so that stopped the worrying. She felt fine a 1/2 hour after the episode.
Saturday was normal for GG. I was gone most of the day watching Conference. Today, the same except that we went to the home of some people that used to attend GG's church but now attend the Four Square Church. We had a great time. Great dinner. Salmon, rice, homemade mango salsa, green beans, bread, asparagus, ice cream with sauce and strawberries and peanut butter cookies. Mmmmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's scary! I hope GG takes it easy for a while. Don't feel guilty about the missed meeting, at least yours was an accident, some people don't show on purpose.
Your walk pictures are gorgeous, there are a lot of times that I miss the green of the Northwest.
That is scary about GG. I am so glad to hear that she is doing better. I am grateful that she has you to keep an eye out for her. You are a real blessing for her life.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy Conference. I really loved it.
Post a Comment