Always seems like I have so much to share until I sit down to write and then it all dissipates. Let's see, what did we do this week? We walked everyday but Thursday. This is a bird we've seen recently. Had never seen one before. He's a Spotted Towhee.
Tuesday was Visiting Teaching and Ward Temple Night.
Wednesday was groceries and presidency meeting.
Thursday was house cleaning - doesn't happen often. GG had Bible Study, which she loves. Got a call in the afternoon to see if I would help with sealings that night. I was excited since I had three sealings I had been trying to do for several months.
Friday GG and I visit 2 ladies. In the afternoon our Home Teachers came. That night I went to our Ward Activity - A Chili Cook Off!!!! There were some great chilis, cornbread and dessert. I brought some very very chocolaty brownies. Luckily they were gone in a flash. They were actually too sweet for me. GG decided she didn't want to attend. Was supposed to go with the Elders after the dinner but the discussion was cancelled due to illness on the part of the investigator.
Saturday I visited with my friends at Hope Village and then visit taught my neighbor. Her marriage disintegrated due to her husband's pornography habits and other addictions. She's 30 and has 2 daughters - 3 1/2 and 2. So sad, but she is picking up the pieces despite all.
Today was Ward Conference for 3 wards so had a very long day. It was wonderful to meet the people. We were able to be taught from 3 different Conference talks so learned a lot - except that I think I have kind of mishmashed them all together in my mind. Hopefully something has been retained. The thing I love about this calling is meeting the people.
By the way, this week I have spell check. Hope it sticks around.

2 comments:
Sounds like you have had a fun and fulfilling week. I think our ward should do a chili cook-off they are so fun!
I thought that was an actual picture of that bird!
Dakota wants you to know that he only has 13 days until his birthday!
Post a Comment