Sunday, March 28, 2010

Walking and Singing in the Rain

It's actually more like humming.  It hasn't been raining everyday.  It's really be more spring-like - rain for a while then clear off for a while.  We're still wearing our winter coats though is has been up into the 60's some days.  Feels colder than that.

Just wanted to share with you some of the things we have seen on the Molalla Forest Road - aka, walking trail, logging road, forest road, etc.  Yesterday we saw the first rabbits we've seen for a very long time.  One of them was near where we were walking, but didn't run away.  I'll bet he didn't scamper away because we said over and over, "Don't worry little bunny.  We won't hurt you."

Usually we walk down to what Parks and Recreations call Eco Park.  This past Saturday we talked to a woman whose grandchildren call it Robin Hood Forest.  We're going with that one.
The flower is called a Trillium.  They are scattered throughout Robin Hood Forest.


GG says hello

I wish I could paint a picture with my words because one day we saw what we thought was an extremely strange tree.  It turned out to be several squirrels hanging vertically from the limbs of the little tree.  I wish I had had my camera.  I've never seen anything close to it before.  Like tan coonskin hats hanging from a tree in an umbrella shape, which means they were supported by the limbs - not hanging like a possum.

We love our nature walks.  Lots of nature and lots of friendly people .

Saw this, too.  Thought it was pretty ingenious. 

Also saw a place in the forest that reminds me of Delamar in the Forest of Delamarter.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  I couldn't get in a good place to show the full effect.  It dips like Delamar does. 

1 comment:

Russ and Em said...

Your walks make me want to move to Oregon.