Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Wordy Epistle

School Days means good-bye Ella. I'm going to miss being part of her family. I've been with her half of her life.

I need to find other people to associate with that are younger than the mid-fifties and up. Since I've been released from YW's that's the way it is.
As a mother of one of the YW said - now you know the girls and they know you so they are a part of you. I believe that this is true. I know there was a reason for that calling and for the new calling. I know it will become clear in this life or the next as to the reason and that's good enough for me. But, now, I'm looking for opportunities to be with younger people. Everyone I VT or go and see are 76 or above which is great and I learn to much from them and enjoy them, however, it's important to get refreshment and learn from those with younger points of view. Keeps one young(er?) even if some of my children would find the younger part debatable.

Both today and yesterday have supplied the area a whole year's worth - in my opinion, anyway. It has come down so hard. GG & I went for a walk yesterday morning. Needless to say, we were soaked through coats, shirts, jeans, shoes & socks. So, what were we doing out there? Good question.

It's been a while since we did our blog. GG's computer has been in the hospital twice. It was de-trojaned, de-wormed and whatever other virus a computer can get. After the first time, we got more fake spyware. I was able to get rid of that myself. Well, it was gone for a couple of days. Our computer doctor, Dr BJ made a house call because I somehow had majorly messed up everything (he asked me not to tell him what I had done) so he took it back to the "hospital" again. I wonder if GG will let me use her computer again?

A woman that a friend and I met several months ago - one of the lost sheep - returned to activity after 40 years or more of inactivity - was a no contact. She said she was so glad to be found, that she felt like a lost sheep. She is 80 years old and is so grateful to be back in the church again. Anyway, she went to the temple for the first time on Friday. It was so uplifting to see her great joy. So many of us take the temple for granted, but she was so grateful to be able to go and looks forward to going again. She had a stroke 3 or 4 years ago so it is not easy for her to go. What a woman!!!

On the way home from the temple, my car began to act a little strange. Lights going of and on. The CD player quit working. The speedometer was going crazy. Then the brakes wouldn't work. I was able to pull into a parking lot which was a huge blessing because it gave up the ghost at that point in time. Luckily I had chosen to go home the back way and the only reason I did that was that the freeway was backed up way beyond the temple. Talk about being watched over there, too. Home Teacher's to the rescue. What a couple we have as home teachers. There is a bit more to the story, but the short version is that it was only the battery - who knows how long it had been in the car - and Les Schwab was only a few blocks ahead. The other miracle was that their son-in-law lives a couple of blocks from where I broke down AND he just happens to be a supervisor and was a mechanic for Horizon Airlines. He charged the battery all night so it could be driven to Les Schwab the next day.

Despite all of the things they all had going on in their lives, they just dropped them to help me out. Are we blessed or what. I have a wonderful family, wonderful friends & neighbors. (Our upstairs neighbors, who moved in recently, were concerned about us while we were gone. They hadn't seen us and were worried that the hot weather may have done us in. There is a young couple in the ward that lives in the complex that was worried that we were gone so long. You never know who's keeping an eye on your well-being) Probably wonderful enemies, too, but we don't know who they are.

No comments: