A lot has gone on this week but right now my mind is overwhelmed by the happening of last evening. I was asked to come to the Adult Stake Conference early. Opening prayer, I thought. No, they would have just asked me on the phone.
The deal was that I was called to be the Stake RS Secretary. What a shock!!!
The deal was that I was called to be the Stake RS Secretary. What a shock!!!
I felt so strongly about the call to YW. (I was just called to YW the first week in May.) And they said that I had been called to the calling because it was the right place and the right time in the right ward. Either I've already perfected the calling - right. Or I failed at it. Hadn't had time for that. Or, I needed to hold the calling until the person who needs to be in the calling was ready. That happened with me once before.It will be interesting how this all plays out.
GG and I had a busy couple of days. Friday was All Day Temple Day for me. After I came home, we went to a reception for a couple that were married on Friday. GG didn't know the girl but knows the parents so she was willing to go. It seemed that she had a good time.
Yesterday, Saturday, we were invited to a baby shower for Dennine and Tom's new baby boy. Actually, I had to drop GG off and make a visit that was already set up. She had a great time.
At 2 PM the Walkers had their big "get-together" to celebrate August birthdays and share their corn (best corn on the earth) We always have a great meal there. They invited family, neighbors, friends so it's a big group. Anyway, GG always loves to attend these. Always takes the broccoli salad to the dinner. Everyone loves it so it makes her feel good.
She felt she had a great week. (Me, too.)
3 comments:
I think you missed the most important idea about your calling to YWs. The Lord needed to teach you something and you learned it. Based on our conversation when you were in town you had learned quite a bit in Young Womens. Or, you learned something in YWs that you will need to share with someone in the stake Relief Society.
It was great to see you BTW!!
See my comment in your email (too long for a comment). Essentially, though, I understand how easy it is to be hard on yourself when you're released. Doesn't mean it's right, though. It's not.
I have been trying to comment, but Myla hasn't given me much time (or use of my left hand). At least the Lord is keeping you on your toes, you never want to get stuck in a spiritual rut. But I have been there, in fact this is my 9th calling in 8 yrs!
Post a Comment