Monday, May 26, 2008

Family & Fun



This weekend was pack full of family and fun. On Saturday I helped with the Graduation All-Night Party (known as GAP). Because I am so talented at painting, I got to make a brick wall using a large sponge. All the getting up and down, etc. seemed to have used muscles that haven't been in use for a while because I was a bit sore on Sunday.
Yesterday (Sunday) Marie, Russ, Kevin, Ralph, Guy, Frank, Pauline, Claire, Kyle, Elizabeth, Thisbe, Iris, Elizabeth's parents and sister, and lots of Russ's family got together at Champoeg Park. (I was able to attend 2nd ward meetings. It was fun to see everyone) We met at the park about 1:oo PM and stayed until 5:00 PM. It poured all morning, but finally subsided by the time we finished eating.

THEN, Claire and the guys played frisbee golf. I love watching them play. Marie, Grandma, Marie's sister-in-law, and I followed them around. Wet for the feet. The grass was probably about 4 inches high and was verrrrry wet.


The picture of Claire standing in front of a tree in which a frisbee is wedged was an actual landing of her frisbee. Pretty good throw, huh?

I finally got a picture of my beautiful ring on my hand. (Then hand - Now hand) Ralph took it for me. Speaking of pictures, we were going to get a family picture since all 4 of us were there - one with the 4 of us and one with Grandma and the 4 of us. We all forgot. Another time. : (

Grandma went home with Marie, Russ and Kevin. I'm sure she's looking forward to a change in venue. She loves to see the scenery, too, so it's a real so to her to get to travel. It will be nice for her to be able to spend some time with them. Hopefully they will have sunshine. She would love that.

3 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

That looks like it was so much fun. As much as I wish I could have been there (truly), I'm sure I would have made a fool of myself attempting to aim a frisbee. That's so nice that everyone gets together like that. And I love comparison pictures of your hands. I remember looking at the other one all the time when I was younger. I am so excited for you to come. It's so soon!!

Anonymous said...

What a blast to get together with everyone. I still don't think I've met Russ or Marie or their kids yet, but I'm sure it will happen one of these times. It is so nice to get together with family. The ring is beautiful! We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

The Woolf Pack said...

How fun, I wish we could have been there. Things are getting a little hectic around here, but hopefully will subside after Dax is done with preschool. His last day is next thursday! He is excited. I am glad that I missed out on Frisbee golf, someone might have ended up with a black eye. I am horrible at it. Love You!! WE are trying to plan our trip down there, let you know more later.