Friday, May 16, 2008

Birthday Time


Our last weekend was a wonderful one. GG and I rode Amtrak on Thursday the 8th. I find that I’m loving this transportation. The trip is just the right length. We were able to go to Dakota’s ‘Moms and Muffins’ at his preschool. The children and their buddies made muffins for the moms. We felt honored to be able to attend. Our weekend was a blessing in our lives. It was relaxing for us - not Jen and Mark. We had lots of fun with the kids. Claire, Kyle, Elizabeth and kids coming on Saturday made it even more fun. It was hard to leave and come home. It would have been nice to be able to have stayed for Dakota’s actual birthday - and to see the cake in person. Can’t complain, though, because we felt fulfilled.





I loved that I could be with family for my birthday. I kept forgetting that it was my birthday. Because I didn't want it to come? or because there was so much going on? Hard to tell. I received a gift from All Da' Kids. It was a total surprise. I should have been suspicious since Lisa asked for my ring size, but it didn't even cross my mind. Anyway - I love this mother's ring you all gave me for my birthday and Mother's Day. Both days were so special to me. I felt so loved and cared about. I am surely blessed with a thoughtful and loving family. Words can't express how this past weekend was for me. I felt and feel on top of the world - like the most special person in maybe the whole wide world.

This has been another busy week. Lots of meetings and work. I was especially blessed this week. I was feeling a bit concerned about gas prices and having enough saved up for car insurance and was praying about it. Just after I finished praying, I got a call from Linda at Green Seasons. She had a death in her family and she called to see if I could come in. I was able to work a day and a half. I wasn’t happy that the reason was a sad one, but I did remind me that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
It’s hot today and was yesterday. I love it.

2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

I am glad you had fun, you have some great candid photos in there. I would love it if you could send me a copy of the pics from Dakota's birthday! We love you and hope to plan our train ride down soon. Oh, and I can't believe you put my raggedy ann picture in there! HeHe! Love you!

Ben and Lisa said...

So much fun! I wish so much I could have been there. One of these times when you and Jen are both in town at the same time, we need to have a girls night out.