Thursday, June 19, 2008

"The only thing so simple that a child can operate it is a grandparent

(There are not a lot of pictures. First off, I don't know how you parents ever get any. We were so busy playing, eating, etc I hardly had a chance to take any of C & C. Also, my camera batteries are giving me fits. I haven't used my camera at all since I got home.)

June has been a most wondrous month. I was able to go to Salt Lake to take care of Cooper & Cambelle for a few days. That was a treat. This kind of opportunity really helps to bond with the little ones. When they are older they may not find that Gramma is as much fun to be with, though Sandy Radeke says that the older they get the better it gets & not only that, she said great-grandchildren are even more wonderful. It' hard to believe it can get any better, it's so terrific right now.) The great part of taking care of C & C was that I also got to spend time with Abbie, Andrew and Grace - their parents, too. The only the that made it not perfect is that the Woolfs couldn't be in SL.
Cooper pushes Abbie. Ben was trying to figure out how much their suitcases weighed so lifted Cooper for a comparison. Of course, Cambelle didn't want to be left out. Cambelle becomes a star at her G & G Jones' home.

I was planning to keep a journal of all the things we did while I was there, but somehow that never happened. I did learn that there are many different ways to get from Sugarhouse to West Valley. Of course, on the last day I actually did it right. Hopefully that will stick with me. The first day after Ben and Lisa left, we went out back to play with Cooper's friend AJ. Cambelle did her own thing.

Cooper, Cambelle and I decided to go to church while I was there. Their meetings start at 9:00am. We were finally ready to go by 9:30. I decided we'd all do better if we didn't try to push it. The fun began after we left the house. To make a long story short, we traveled all over to find their ward building. We finally found a church building, went in, only to find out that no one there had any idea who Cooper and Cambelle were. We headed out again and, thanks to the fact that the map Lisa made (which I should have brought with me) actually stuck in my mind (except for the crossing Redwood Road part - that's how we got all mixed up) and we arrived at their building at about 10:30 which means the kids had about 20 minutes of nursery. We were just glad to find some people who knew Lisa & Ben. We were able to stay in the Sacrament meeting until we took of the sacrament. The kids were great, but Gramma didn't think to bring treats, books, drinks, anything so I wasn't sure we would last very long - and - I wanted to leave when we were doing well instead of their feeling we were leaving because of misbehavior.

I love that I was their for Abbie's 2nd birthday. Her favorite gift was a rocking chair. She is so grown up. She had a yummy cake with strawberries on it which she shared with cousins, aunts, uncles, parents and grandparent. In this picture she is preparing to get her two year picture taken.

I was very blessed to be able to visit with Ann Cheney, Paula Perkins, and Dyan Harris. It had been so long since we had been together. We visited for about 4 hours straight so you can see we had a lot to talk about - or thought we did anyway. I wasn't able to see Dyan until the night I was leaving. I was so grateful that she could come over. It had been an even longer time since I'd seen her. Sandy Radeke and I talked for 2 hours after I got home, so felt very blessed to bes in touch with friends.


I was able to go for a "walk" with S, N, A & G. When you walk with them, you walk a few blocks and find friend everywhere so end up visiting for an hour or so. That's probably why I feel like their friends are my friends.

R, E & A took me to the zoo for members night. You haven't experienced anything until you've viewed the zoo from the Reader's Digest 2 year old view. You surely don't have time to get bored. We had a great time.


There are so many things I could share - it was a trip full of fun and joy. I still am rehearsing it in my mind - everyday. : )

2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

I love the title quote that is cute. You sounded very busy, but I am glad you had a great time. I can't believe how different Abbie and Grace look. I am excited to be able to see all of them. Have fun in TEXAS!!!

Anonymous said...

wwwwwwwwwwwwww (The "W" is from Abbie her new favorite letter - why? No clue.) We loved having you here and only hope you can come back soon. Abbie still talks about you often and I know she misses you.