We've seen lots of birds that have been gone for the winter months. Love that, too.
Lots of daffodils (some have been in bloom for a long time, but went into "slow down" mode due to the cold and rain in February and crocuses - pink camillias in full bloom at the temple.
The big thing in my life has been preparing for our Stake Relief Society Conference which was last Saturday. After much worry about being prepared - it was spectacular. Great attendance. Great speakers. The High Council did the serving and the clean up. (We use glass plates - our RS President's husband insisted that these meals need to be elegant - and he is right in the middle of it from beginning to end.)
Grandma and I have been reading alot. She went to the opthamologist and had some tests that are magnificent. They found that all was well - except for the macular degeneration, of course. She's pretty much considered blind in her left eye. But, despite her colorful designs she sees, which can be frustrating when she's trying to read, she's doing great and never complains.
An orchid - newly born. Now there are three in bloom. I've never seen an orchid open.
(Grandma has been plant-sitting for the past three weeks. She obviously has the touch.
Pictures from the Woolf visit the end of December



1 comment:
Glad you are enjoying spring! I've been reading a series I think you would like. The first book is called Maisie Dobbs. They are a lot of fun. They are detective books, and I don't normally like detective books. I suggested them to my mom and now she is hooked.
Post a Comment