Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Great Book

Just finished this book.  So inspiring and uplifting.   It took a couple of months to read because I usually only read a chapter a night. Great way to go to sleep. Calming.  He is an amazing man.  Makes on appreciate all of these General Authorities do.

Not much is going on here.  We are both well.  Saw three tulips the other day.  The owners must have picked them because they were gone after a couple of days.  I think it was because there was so much rain that they were being destroyed.

Learned a new word today - Good morning is Доброе утро ,pronounced "doh-brah-eh- oo-trah"
Our Russian friend, who knows only a few words in English insisted - in a very kind way - that we learn it.  He is a sweet man - very, very quiet - who we have seen walking for many years.  Talked with him the first time a few months ago.  His wife died a few years ago.  I don't know when they came to America, but only 2 of his six daughters are in the United States.  He looks like a sea captain, to me.  It's the hat, the craggy look and the large, white mustache I guess.  We have a friend from Germany who was taken by the Russians and placed in one of their orphanages.  She tried to speak to our Russian friend, but he doesn't know much German and she doesn't remember much Russian.  Too bad, because they could have some interesting conversations.  Our walks are fun and very educational.

That's life in our neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Glad you liked your gift. I must say, your home page image is pretty awesome.