Friday, September 10, 2010

Silver Falls and Lance Armstrong the 2nd


Last weekend we had the pleasure of a nice visit from Russ and Marie. They got here Saturday evening and stayed till Monday morning. They went to church with me and when your Mom got home from her meeting we all went to Silver Creek falls. I was recalling that the last time we had been there was with Emily, Russ, and Abbie, too. It was 7-7-07. Remember


There were lots of people there this year, but it didn’t rain at least. And we had a great walk seeing different places. The water over the falls was lower than when we have usually seen it. We didn’t eat there as it was on the cool side. Came home and had dinner and then just visited. Had some really great conversations. Russ showed us the map of the mining area where he is employed. They are mining for gold. He is enjoying a new type of occupation.
Marie and Russ hiked down to the falls.  GG and I watched.

I'm hoping that all of you bikers don't feel intimidated by the prowess of your mother, but here is a picture of my bike and myself - in true biking form.  Notice the duds. 

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

Laura I think its great that you got a bike! We have so much fun going on the trails by our house that I know you will just love it!

The Woolf Pack said...

First off, love the bike duds. Dax will be excited that when he comes to visit, you can ride with him. I'm glad you got to visit with Marie and Russ. Fun stuff!