Monday, August 16, 2010

Life Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

GG and  I have had a great week.  On Tuesday Frank and Pauline came for a visit and to pick up an industrial sewing machine that GG bought for her last year.  A friend of mine needed to get rid of it.  It's quite big and very heavy. Anyway, we had been trying out how to get it down to Reno for a year.  Lo and behold, F & P decided to make a trip down to Reno when they returned Hawaii.  Felt bad that they couldn't go to the wedding.

While they were here we had a leisurely walk through the woods.  A relaxing and refreshing time.

The following day, we traveled to Tillamook to visit the Cheese Factory, but mostly to meet S & N family and their friends.  Had to have one of their ice cream cones, of course.

From there we proceeded to the beach.  We had a wonderful time.  Even staying over night. 

Yesterday I drove 250 miles, approximately.  Picked up my cousin Diane at the airport.  Came back home and visited until time to pick up Karyn.  From there we went out to eat at McDonalds.  The food was actually great - or it's because we were super hungry.  Actually it was excellent.  GG and I each had a grilled chicken snack wrap.  I had the chipotle sauce.  The chicken was sooooo tender.

After we finished eating, we headed north to attend a wedding for Justin Nelson who is the son of Elayna who is the sister/niece of Diane and Karyn.  (Her grandma and grandpa adopted her and her brother after their mother died when the were just wee ones.)

I am so very glad Diane and Karyn came (which caused GG & I to go) because we were her only family except for her sister-in-law.  It meant so much to her.  It was a beautiful wedding. 

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

You sound busy. I think being busy is wonderful. Love the pictures from the beach and the wedding!

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm glad you got to meet up with Stew and Nicki. I do miss the beaches there. Can't wait to see you soon (we need to figure out when!)