Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?

While I spent 3 weeks here while your Mother was visiting in Utah, I found it very lonesome and the days long but I had interesting things happen also. Lots of people called to see if I was OK or needed anything.


One day on my walk I stopped to visit with a lady I have met lots of times. She is virtually blind, but lives alone and walks around to stores close by. She uses a white cane to warn drivers to be careful. She was telling me this day that her sister was married to one of the astronauts who had landed on the moon in 1971. She got lots of attention in the paper etc and interviews. His name was James Irwin. Pretty interesting HUH? Glad to have your Mom back here even tho she would rather be with any or all of you.
Love, GG

My two weeks were fabulous.  Summer existed.  No sweaters or jackets were needed.

It's so hard to express how wonderful the time I spent with much of my family was to me.  I feel invigorated - refreshed.  Thought I'd feel tired on my return.  Didn't.  It was like that with my Disneyland trip, too.

Thank you all for a wonderful time.

Still haven't been able to rearrange the pictures.  I tried to remove a duplicate
A popsicle before our morning bike ride.  Cambelle is tired already.
Swimming at Abbie's & Savannah'sSavannah's Birthday Savannah's BirthdayMarshmallow roast at Andrew, Grace & Lucy'sSame as aboveDinner at R&E'sSunday morning with A & S.  I spy with my little eyeBreakfast with Nicki, Andrew, Grace, LucyCooperationGoing shopping.  Great deals out there.Pancake eating contest.  How many did I eat?Our home away from home.A day in the sun.  Just eating my bonbonsI want to sit with Aunt Emily.Abbie loves the game on the phone.Afternoon chat.  Grace on Russ's back.Marshmallow roast.Our ice cream parlor.One beautiful and one handsome tongueThis started out as the first picture.  See you later Lisa and Ben.  You were missed - a lot.
Multitudinous other pictures. 

1 comment:

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm glad that you and GG both had a fun summer (not that it is over...yet). We can't wait to come up and visit you soon, just more weeks!