Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Am Thankful for Water

GG says "Hi" and that she misses you all and prays for you.  The biggest thing in the last two weeks was getting a perm.  It looks nice.

Today I had the opportunity to teach the Sunbeams, also known as, Primary 1.  I had the choice of the 3 year olds or CTR 6.  I chose the later until I realized my little charge Ella would be in the class.  She's used to my being her playmate, plus my being discipliner challenged, so determined it wouldn't have been a great plan.  So - taught the Sunbeams.  They must have heard I was coming because there were only 2 out of the 6 that were there.  They all come from active families, but evidently there is a LOT of sickness going around again.  Actually, a little boy came into class about half way through.  Sweet, but tough.  Liked to pick on the little girls.  We talked about water and had a very good time. 
The interesting thing is that I seem to be asked to sub only on Fast Sundays.  Must be a message for me there.

Almost forgot.  I got my taxes done.  AARP does it for free.  I used to do my own but it was a little more confusing when I was self-employed.  Easier to have them do it since they know what they're doing.  Are you ready for this?  I owed the Federal Government $10 - had saved up $300 so have a sort of refund, AND I get a refund of $4 from Oregon.  Doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

You are brave teaching the sunbeams, especially on fast sunday. :)
I am optimistic that we are going to make this trip work...

Russ and Em said...

I bet the Sunbeams loved you!