I have been helping, in my own small way, with the two upcoming Walker weddings. Brant's is this weekend and Dennine's is next week. Next week, the day before the wedding, Quinn will be receiving his endownments and the day after the wedding a grand daughter will be baptized here in Canby.
GG & I were excited about our walk last Friday. We took a different route which took us through the woods by the river. When we returned to the road, we saw three beautiful deer - whitetail, I believe. They crossed the road one at a time. We just stood and watched until they were gone. They would stop and look at us for about 30 seconds and then head up the hill on the other side.
What a sight that was. Though no one seems to think our next discovery was exciting, probably not even GG, we saw a beautiful slug - yes, beautiful. It was yellow with big black spots. It was about 6 inches long and about 1 inch wide.
I looked it up on the internet when we got home. It is the 2nd largest slug in the world and is a Banana Slug. Never seen one before.
This weekend is another birthday celebration for GG. Company coming. Sunday we'll have a picnic in the park. All my siblings will be there. Hopefully we'll remember to get some pictures.
I looked it up on the internet when we got home. It is the 2nd largest slug in the world and is a Banana Slug. Never seen one before.

This weekend is another birthday celebration for GG. Company coming. Sunday we'll have a picnic in the park. All my siblings will be there. Hopefully we'll remember to get some pictures.

3 comments:
It sounds like you have more going on than you give yourself credit for. Also I have never heard anyone call a slug beautiful before - kudos to seeing the beauty!
I'm with Emily, never heard a slug called beautiful, but I will take that over a scorpion every day of the week. Sounds like you are busy busy! Can't wait to see pix of the upcoming "un"birthday!
Hey, I'd be pretty danged excited to find a slug like that. And as far as I'm concerned, the thing is a beaut. (Whatever that means).
Post a Comment