




I I keep putting off doing this, but I guess it's time to do a Reader's Digest Condensed version of July. So much happened. All of it terrific. Texas was wonderful - not hot at all. The weather waited until I left to get hot. Whew!!! I was grateful to miss the hurricane. We actually were in the area where it hit. We went to the South Padre Island (Port Isabel) where we swam and played in the deliciously warm and sparkling clean ocean. You could see your feet when in water up to your neck. We went to San Antonio to see the Alamo, take the Riverwalk in little tourist barges. Then we went to Miguel's brothers home, went out to dinner in an authentic Mexican restaurant - the kind of food the Cortez family was raised on. I had a soup which was absolutely delicious. On the 4th we went to another brother's home for food and fireworks. It was a very enjoyable evening. Would you believe Miguel is the darkest one in his family? We went out to eat at some wonderful places. Great bbq ribs, etc. Everything that's served is large portions. Water glasses are jumbo size. Texas is a world all of it's own. They take great pride in their state. US flags are everywhere. We did a lot more things, but I can't think of them right at the moment so will end for now.
Two days after I arrived in Canby, I took the train to Olympia to help the Woolf's move. I am so grateful to have been able to work with them. Jen is very organized so I knew what she wanted me to do. For me it was therapeutic to help them. I felt closer to them because of the interaction and it helped me to work out my sadness at their leaving. We played at the ocean on the Saturday before they left. Some major sunburns were the result of the day. Mark got a big kite for the adults and a small one for Dakota. It made the trip even more special to have this activity.
I've had lots of catching up to do since I have come home, but it's coming along. Right now I'm going to OHSU several times a week to have some long-time needed work done. Dennine Walker's fiance is the student who is doing my work. It's time consuming, but well worth it. With his thorough exams and the doctor's checking his work, it's very thorough.
I'm sure there's more to tell, but this will be it for now.
3 comments:
I'm glad you finally updated your blog because we haven't had enough time on the phone lately for you to tell me any of the details from your trips. It sounds like Texas was so much fun--I'm so glad you went! I'm sure Jen and Mark appreciated your help with the move and the chance to spend some quality time with you. Love you tons! Hopefully we get to see you again soon!
Texas looks like it would be a great trip, I want to go to an ocean where you can see your feet! Thanks so much for all your help, and for everything you do for us. We miss you!! Dakota wants you to know that he is starting school in a few weeks. His teachers name is Miss Stella.
It looks like you've been busy and it is fun to see what you've been up to. I love the picture of you in your clothes in the ocean - too fun! It is fun that you have had such a busy busy summer - more the memories.
Post a Comment