Some of my activities in the last month. We had partial family gathering on May 25 at Champoeg Park, a historical park not too far from here. Ralph and Guy, Frank, Pauline, Kyle, Elizabeth, Thisbe, Iris, and Claire and Marie, Russ, and Kevin of our family were there. Good food and they some of they played Frisbee golf and a good time was had by all.Russ and Kevin go to Reno with them so I wouldn’t be alone while your Mom was gone to stay with Cooper and Cambelle. It was a good trip. We got to their house, Paul had dinner ready and had even baked a cake for our enjoyment. Peter was working and Paul still in school so they couldn’t be up here.
While there I got to see Paul’s Eagle Scout project almost finished. He and his brothers and father and the rest of their troop worked really hard one Saturday to prepare the ground for a sidewalk to be put in and then later he will have a bench there and he has made arrangements with the City of Reno to have the Ten Commandments outside by the church. It should be finished some time this summer. He an Kevin are at present a Boy Scout camp for 2 months.
The week that I was to come home, Marie, Kevin, Paul and I went to Yosemite. None of us had been there, We wished Peter could have gone too, but he was working in the forest, doing clearing etc, He had been there 2 times so knew lots of places to see and hike ,but we didn’t really have that much time.
We stayed overnight in a small town, Lee Vining, where the kids from my church went on a mission trip last year. They did some painting while there for the Presbyterian church there. North of the little town, the next day we went up in the mountains but there were very few trees there, but it is very high elevation. We went to an old gold mining town, a ghost town now of course. It was really interesting to walk around to see all the old buildings that are left. At the time it was active, there were apparently 10,000 people there , one church and a number of saloons.
When we got back to Reno we all hurried around to make preparation for an early birthday party for Peter, since Kevin, Paul and I would none of us be there for it. As it turned out he didn’t ever get home the night the night of his birthday, as he had been called out to fight a forest fire. He was happy to do that as that is what he has been training for on his job.
3 comments:
Sounds like you have had a lot going on, GG. Yosemite looks gorgeous, I have always wanted to go there. I am glad you were able to see most of the family! Miss you!
GG- I am so impressed with your blog! I've never been to Yosemite either but your pictures have put it on my list of places to visit. We miss you!
It all looks so amazing. We would love to join you on one of your adventures sometime!
Post a Comment