This week has been rather uneventful, as most of them seem to be for me. I try to go for a walk almost every day and that is good for me. I do go to a Bible study once a week and church on Sundays, of course. This week I had two friends up in my age group die, one in Sandpoint and the other in Washington, tho she used to live near me and we went to church together and out to eat most every Sunday. She had moved to Washington, since her son lived up there and she had no relatives here and she wasn’t well. Also this week I went with Laura to a free spaghetti dinner at the Hi School cafeteria, especially for seniors citizens and then afterward we got to go to a play put on by the Canby Hi students. I sort of knew 2 of them. The play was very well gone, but a little long, 3 hours in all. Today we opened up the Canby paper and on the second page was a picture of Laura and I and several other seniors at the spaghetti feed. Today Guy came over again to do some more on our DSL set up. He’s been here 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Nice to see him that often.
This is a picture of a pine cone I found on our walk today. It looks like a rose, doesn't it. A Rose Cone
A Note from Gramma
It is so beautiful and has been all week. It’s been kind of a busy week for us between visiting teaching three times and the temple twice. Mind you, I’m not complaining at all. It's been a beautiful experiency each time. Mom, Lynett’s mother and I attended a play at the high school. The high school puts on a spaghetti feed and a complimentary attendance to the play for seniors. There are benefits to being considered a senior citizen. We sat at a table with a couple we didn’t know. They were fun to get to know. As GG already told you, our picture was in the paper. What a shock that was. As soon as it shows up in the newspaper on line we will enter it into our blog
Today on our walk, I decided to take pictures of the flowers since we can't seem to find any of the pictures in which we adorable, but we'll keep looking. Maybe there are some somewhere.
When I write this down it really doesn’t sound like much. The things that have been time consuming are not worth writing down.
I did start on my family history again. I said I would be interested in the Family History SS class thinking that it would be far in the future. Everything looks good to me when it’s in the future. Well, they called me about it in the present. The instructor’s assignment was very concise and doable so I’m really excited about it. I did my homework the very day I got the assignment. Wow! Is this really me? I have spent some time on the internet looking up the person I chose to do. Would you believe that her whole family has been done except her. I can’t find much of anything about her and I would guess that’s what we’ll learn. I think I need to spruce up my life so that I have more exciting things to talk about.
Today on our walk, I decided to take pictures of the flowers since we can't seem to find any of the pictures in which we adorable, but we'll keep looking. Maybe there are some somewhere.
When I write this down it really doesn’t sound like much. The things that have been time consuming are not worth writing down.I did start on my family history again. I said I would be interested in the Family History SS class thinking that it would be far in the future. Everything looks good to me when it’s in the future. Well, they called me about it in the present. The instructor’s assignment was very concise and doable so I’m really excited about it. I did my homework the very day I got the assignment. Wow! Is this really me? I have spent some time on the internet looking up the person I chose to do. Would you believe that her whole family has been done except her. I can’t find much of anything about her and I would guess that’s what we’ll learn. I think I need to spruce up my life so that I have more exciting things to talk about.

5 comments:
Your lives are plenty exciting! It is so nice to read about what you guys do on a daily basis--it's just as nice for us to know what's going on in your lives as it is for you to know what's going on in ours. Sorry I missed your call yesterday--I'll have to get ahold of you, perhaps tomorrow? Love you both so much!
I second that. See, we can't make it up there too often (much to our, if not your, disappointment), so this is the next best thing. Talking on the phone is good too, but you know how it is: Abbie stories, pretty much the whole time. (OK, so it's not ALL Abbie stories) But it's nice to be able to read more on the blog.
Also, I might add, that was the coolest pine cone I've ever seen.
(This is Emily now) I love hearing about your lives. I think all of our lives feel boring to ourselves because we just do our same routine every week but it is fun to hear about other people's routines and the way life seems to mess with those routines. I have to say I am SOOOO jealous that you can take pictures of flowers. I am ready for spring!!!!!
Those are fabulous pictures! I love the pine cone. It sounds like you are pretty darn busy! We are hoping to make a trip down there in the next couple of weeks! Keep up the updates, we love to read them and look at the great pics!
Post a Comment