Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Belated Happy St Patrick's Day to You















Letter - March 16, 2008
I love DSL. It’s so fun to look up things, go to my email, all of those helpful things. Sending the RS Bulletin is no longer frustrating. Russ & Emily, I think of you every time I think about having this. To go from having it to not must have not been easy.
Recently I reread "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", "Beauty" by Robin McKinley, and am now reading "Christy" by Catherine Marshall. It would sound like I have a lot of time for reading. What’s happening is that I read in the evening, can’t (don’t want to) put the book down so end up staying up late. I hadn’t been reading for about a month and guess I had to make up for it.
Tonight GG and I are going out to the Walker’s for a St. Patrick’s Day dinner. It should be fun and interesting. Everyone is supposed to wear a bit o’ the green - be it a ribbon, clothing, fingernail polish - whatever. I guess we are having some traditional Irish food for the evening. GG and I made broccoli salad - which is our traditional dish to take - which goes nicely with the green motif. As you can see by Dennine's picture, they love celebrations. (The hat I'm wearing is actually Ben's. I'm still a little on the inhibited side.)
We had our RS Birthday Enrichment Evening on March 6th. It was amazing how many people worked on the decorations, food, clean-up, teaching, etc. They used VT routes for the committees. We used Sister Beck’s talk - "Stand Strong and Immovable" - as the theme of the evening. We had several sisters that never come out, in attendance, which is the stake goal for all of our activities. One "less active" sister attending makes it a success and we had 4 or 5. I wish you all could have been there. The Enrichment committee did a really great job.
The story in my life right now is hospital visits, worrying and praying for people with heart attacks, pneumonia, etc. These seem to be the popular sicknesses right now. And they are all about my age. I guess this means that I really am getting older. Ahhh, I’m still not really believin’ it.
Thanks for making us feel better about our EXCITING entries.

4 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

First off, you look great with the hat. Although, with that cup in your hand you look as though you enjoyed St. Patrick's Day a little too much!! :) Sounds like you have had a lot going on, hopefully the people that are sick will start to get better. Maybe the little peeks of sunshine will help!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I'm jealous of all of the reading. I've been in a reading funk lately. I've been so busy with my class that I'm afraid to pick up a book because, like you, nothing else gets done if I'm in the middle of a good book. Thankfully, my class ends in three weeks so I'm looking forward to some serious vegging in front of some good books very soon. I honestly can't wait.

Ben and Lisa said...

I'm so glad you go party it up with the Walkers--I bet they are so much fun on holidays (a little more willing to get crazy than our family!). I've missed talking to you the past little while--hopefully we'll get a hold of each other soon.

Ben and Lisa said...

Okay. I can't type or read. I need to pay more attention. I meant to say "I'm so glad you GOT TO party. . ."