Saturday, February 16, 2008

We've Been Tagged

What was I doing 10 years ago?
GG - My son, Ralph, and I went to a funeral for my sister Lois Horsell. In was held in Wenatchee, WA. As always, I planted and tended my garden, took care of the lawn, canned whatever came our way, dried prunes, pears, apples. Acquired walnuts which we dried. Made lots of blackberry/raspberry jusice which was a favorite of my grandchildren.
Gramma: I was working as a assistant office manager at Green Seasons - a landscape and yard maintenance business. I attended Stewart's and Nicki's wedding and therefore was blessed with a new daughter. I was able to be at the airport when Russ came home from his mission and had him a visit with him when he came to Canby. I'm probably missing something big, but the things I've already listed are foremost in my mind at the moment.
Things on my "to do list":
GG: Try to keep busy. Sew for the Humanitarian Aide for the LDS Church. Study the Bible. Walk. Read my book. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Call Marie
Gramma: Work on the RS Bulletin. Check my email for information for the bulletin. Check out blog sites. Put this on our blog site. Phone calls.
Bad Habits
GG: I spend too much time playing Solitaire and Spider Solitaire on the computer. I eat too many sweets.
Gramma: I do things quickly and thus make lots of mistakes, don't notice them until it's to late. I don't listen as well as I would like. Jump to my "theories". When there is silence in a conversation I feel I need to fill it even though I have nothing to say so say innane things.
Places I've Lived:
GG: Floweree, MT (on their homestead); Cut Bank, MT; Seattle, WA (1 1/2 yrs-college); Woodward, OK; Forgan, OK; Rosston, OK; Urich, MO; Sandpoint, ID (32 yrs); Canby, OR (29 yrs)
Gramma: Sandpoint, ID; Moscow, ID; Cashmere, WA; Vancouver, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; Draper, UT; Canby, OR.
Things That Most People Don't Know about Mes
GG: All my inner thoughts. Used to play the violin - high school years. Love classical music.
Gramma: That's a good question. I feel everyone knows more than they want to know. I tend to tell people everything and you all are pretty perceptive. I have thought that I would love to live in the Polynesian Islands because I'm always very tense and I thought I might love that they are so laid back.
The picture is of GG wearing her Valentine socks that Andrew gave her for her birthday. Pictures are not plentiful because we don't look cute or do anything very monumental that is a Kodak moment.

3 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

Loved it, Mom! I'm glad both you and GG did it. I'm so glad we finally got ahold of eachother. Love you both!!

The Woolf Pack said...

Wow! There were a few things in there I did not know. Like GG playing the violin and you wanting to move to the Polynesian Islands. I love that even when we think we know everything about someone, we learn something new!!! We were out of town for a couple of days, but we are back now, just so you didn't think I ignored your phone call. Are you loving the DSL? Love You!!

Russ and Em said...

I'm so glad you did it! It is fun to learn things about you!