The computer is not letting me move the pictures where I want them.
I'm planning to make this short but sweet, but we'll see how that goes.
May 12th I headed down to California for DISNEYLAND!!!!!! My home teachers were heading down south to see her brother, who just happens to live in Anaheim, so I was able to ride with them. The skies were blue and the sun shone bright all of the way down. Enjoyed that for sure. Met the Woolf Pack early in the morning of the 14th. How do I explain Disneyland? I loved it - every minute of it. Jen told me ahead of time that they "crashed" each evening when they returned to the motel. We did. Slept hard. I could go on and on telling about this trip. I loved being with the Woolfs , of course, and I actually found that the rides were so much fun.
GG flew to Reno on June 10th so she could attend Paul's graduation. Yea, Paul!! It took place the day she arrived. Marie thought it was on the 11th, so we were fortunate that she had an early flight. With Kevin's and Becky's wedding being the next week, she was able to be there for both of them in only one trip.
I drove to Bend on the 17th and met Ralph. We had a great trip down. Visited pretty much the whole way. A real bonding time. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was nice and interesting, too.
This past Friday I was able to tend two little girls for 11 hours. The oldest is 3 1/2 and the youngest is just 2. We had a great time. I was worried about what we would do all day since they live in an apartment in this same complex and that makes for a small space. It worked well. We had a great time. I visit teach their mom and so know them well.
Yesterday we had a baptism. I can't express what a beautiful baptism it was. This woman is, as she calls it, a cerebral person so she had studied, struggled with many problems, decided to not be baptized, the missionaries kept coming back, she studied more - not to disprove the church but to learn. She grasps it more than a lot of us. She should have died 4 years ago. She had lung cancer and it had matastsized. The had 6 weeks to live. Obviously the Lord had other plans for her. She actually has Jewish blood in her and maybe that's what makes her so special. It was a faith promoting experience. I was honored to be able to give the talk on baptism. I was so nervous about this talk, but the Spirit was there with me and the words came. I learned so much from the preparation.

2 comments:
It HAS been a while! :) We had a blast with you as well.
I'm glad you had fun at the wedding. I thought the log guest book would have been really interesting.
First off, wish we could have joined all of you on that Disneyland trip. Looks like a blast. By the way, I think you posted about the most awesome pictures of Jen ever!
Second, I wish so much we, or at least I, could have made it out for Kevin's wedding. It looks like it was an amazing event.
Love you, miss you, and can't wait to see you soon!!!
Post a Comment