Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Highlights of Our Week

Boy did I have a time choosing pictures from last Christmas. I love them all and they bring back wonderful memories.

Thursday night we had our big Annual Relief Society Christmas Dinner. 
It was beautiful as always. 

We have it in the same home every year since it accommodates large groups and has a big wall area up high to project the annual Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert from the previous year.  As always, it was great.  (We don't watch the whole thing - just excerpts.) 

It was an uplifting, fulfilling and filling evening. There was delicious food - salads and desserts.  Yummmm.  Lots of conversation and people getting better acquainted.

Made it worth going out at night. (GG and I are pretty much "stay-home-after-dark" folks so it has to be pretty good to get us to go out.)

I had planned to take pictures of GG at the dinner for the blog, but forgot the camera.  It was a lot nicer and calmer without pictures being taken.

Friday morning we visited Louise.  She responded a bit to GG- put her hand over GG's hand and tried to speak.  Any little thing means a lot. 

In the afternoon a friend of GG's, Tina by name (who is a little bit younger than I am) came to visit her.  GG was good friends with her parents and Tina has great love for GG.  How could she help it?  Also, it seems GG made Tina a suit - lined and fitted - from some fine silk that came from Thailand?. (This was many years ago.) Needless to say, GG was very nervous and intimidated by the project.  She did it, though.  Talk about courage and faith.

They had a great visit.  Made GG's day.

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful Christmas season. We are really looking forward to seeing you next week!

The Woolf Pack said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds nice and relaxing there. Although I think you will enjoy our weather here a bit better. :)