Miguel broke his ankle last Friday. This fad is spreading far and wide. He wanted me to share a story that happened about 3 weeks ago. He bought some property 2 1/2 hours north of Houston. He is clearing it and then hopes to build a cabin soon. (The ankle has thrown a wrench in the works). While he was out cleaning out trees and brush, he heard something whiz past him. Then another one. Someone was shooting a gun (not for killing), seemingly purposely - he doesn't know if they were trying to scare him off, not knowing he owned the property. He ran as fast as his PF Flyer boots would carry him. (PF Flyers are a tennis shoe from when I was a girl. Grandpa D. sold them.) He said they were shooting at cans - AmeriCANS. :o:
Today was the day I take care of Ella. A mutual friend asked Dana if she could leave her 2 yr old while she went to help out at the school. Ella wanted a peanut butter sandwich so I made her one. Then - I heard this friend telling Dana (Ella's mom) that Olivia couldn't have milk or - guess what - peanuts. Same as Abbie so I knew the whole story. The hard part was getting Ella to keep her hands away from Olivia and to wash up when she was through eating. I can't say I was calm during that time. We made it, though.
I have been reading a lot of books, lately, because of riding the bus. One of the recent ones was "Cry, the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton. It was one of those books that you could read over and over. Well, today, I went to the library to check out another book and, as I walked in, it occurred to me that the Friends of the Library might have the book. I decided not to look. I again felt I should look. I got in there, saw they were not in any kind of order so decided to leave when - you guessed it - there it was. It jumped right out at me - figuratively, of course. I am so
2 comments:
I am thinking that riding the bus+ reading a book= more riding the bus. Maybe subconsciously you are missing your stop so you have more time to read. :) Funny though!
Tell Miguel to be careful, scary.
If it were me I would say that you learned that if you miss your bus stop you get extra time to read. I would be tempted to miss all my stops as there is never enough time otherwise.
Cry the Beloved Country has been on my list for awhile I need to get to it. You are probably the fourth of fifth person who has raved about it. I'm so glad you found it. There are few people I know that truly understand the joy of owning a book you love.
Also sorry you had to be so stressed about Ella's friend. But It makes me feel so good that you are so conscientious about such things. It seems few people really understand the danger.
(Sorry this comment is so long.)
Post a Comment