My plan was to spend the Christmas holidays here at home, but much to my surprise and happiness, some friends paid my way so I could be with Stewart, Russ, and Lisa and their families. They had sky miles that needed to be used before the end of the year or they would dissipate into thin air. What a gift. I was as ecstatic as I ever get. I have so many stories and pictures I would love to share. It would be a book, though
Because of the gift, I was able to arrive there on Russ's birthday and stay 4 days with he and his family. It was my first time to see their newest addition. She was born on July 14th. Russ, Abbie and I went sledding at Sugarhouse Park. It was very cold and had been windy. We were blessed with a break where the wind didn't blow.
Next I stayed with Stewart and family for 8 days (don't mothers-in-law start to stink after 3 days or is that fish?). They at least pretended to enjoy my staying all of that time. Stew's wife Nicki had a birthday while I was staying with them. They also had a new addition who was born on November 19th. She is the 6th granddaughter. My first 3 grandchildren were boys, but there has been quite the run on girls.
After I got home, THE COLD hit. It's too bad that everyone can't follow the advice you always get for curing a cold - you know - REST, Lots of Water, REST, Eat Healthily, REST. Believe me, it really works. Only trouble is, you have to wait until your children are grown, you have no other obligations that are pulling on you. Never, maybe. Thanks to the people I work with in my calling, I was told to stay home and do all of those things listed above. Ella's brother was sick so her mom didn't want me to come. This is the first time I have taken the advice and it worked. Just watch, it probably wasn't the BIG COLD going around.
I was just barely feeling better when I did in my left foot. I stepped off a step with my right foot. Too catch myself, I over corrected and fell to my left side and turned my foot over and landed and started to roll down a hill. Luckily my rolling went to the side a little bit or who knows where I would have ended up. It turned out to be what they call an avulsion, which means when the ligament pulled away, it broke off a teensy piece of bone. Guess what!!! The people I work with put me on bed rest again!! Got me some crutches, etc. This happened on Wed the 28th. I'm doing really well now. Crutches for a couple of more weeks, rest the foot, and I'll be good as new?

The root canal was unexpected. Not painful so no big deal.


2 comments:
Okay, now I can see why you made me wait to read all your news! I thought I heard you say something about a fractured foot. You had quite a month!! I'm glad that they are telling you to take it easy. Sounds like we should trade places now, you on bed rest and me taking care of you. :)
Wow! We didn't know about your foot. I am so sorry. I hope it heals (ha Ha ha) quickly. We love you and miss you.
Post a Comment