Sunday, June 7, 2009

We Don't Get Out Much

The highlights of this week are: got groceries; no more Bible Study for GG until fall; checked out our garden which consists of 6 plants which are surviving; YW - swing dancing-great fun; RS - Ice Cream Social plus painting flower pots, how to grow herbs (learned a lot here), Make-A-Mix class (need to start doing this); rain; wind; cold weather; the Rose of Gervais flower returned to dust; baptism; visits; church. That pretty much sums it up. I did make some cookies for YW & GG put them on cookie sheets and baked them for me. Tasted them. Yuck (food storage flour was rancid; threw all we had in the garbage). Bought cookies for YW

3 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

Sounds like you had a lot going on. More than we have here. I really like the Rose, sorry it turned to dust. :)

Russ and Em said...

I like the day to day of the rose. It had a beautiful life while it lasted.

Thank you so much for the wonderful presents both you and GG sent Abbie. She immediately told me the car you gave her is her favorite and wanted to read both books right away. You really hit the nail on the head with the gifts.

And tell GG that the money is going to go for a few rides on the carousel at the zoo! That was the first thing she thought of when she saw it. (Probably because when she asks to go when I take her I always tell her we don't have any money. Oops!)

Ben and Lisa said...

I'm going to steal from Jen and Emily's comments because they said stuff before I could. So sorry I'm not very original. Like Jen said, it sounds like you've got a lot more going on up there than we do here. Yet somehow I manage to not get as much done as I want each day.

And like Emily said, you are and GG are great gift-givers. My kids always love the presents you give them.